Because of the flexible nature of skin-on-frame boats, you can create more than 30 different boat designs from the four sets of plans below.
|10½’ Solo Light Canoe Plans (new!) $45 (12 variations) – postage free
|11½’ Solo Carry Canoe Plans $45 (12 variations) – postage free
|13½’ Tandem Carry Canoe Plans (new!) $45 (8 variation) – postage free
|11½’ Solo Carry Kayak Plans (new!) $60 – postage free
How to Make Elegant Variations: ways to adjust your boat’s length, width, and general shape by changing the positions of forms and/or adding forms.
- To produce a sleeker and/or an asymmetrical craft with a bit less volume, move both or one of the end forms inward up to 3½.”
- To gain some length and narrow ends, simply add up to 2 inches at both ends of the gunwales beyond the two outside forms.
- Make a 13½’ canoe or kayak 15½’ long by adding 3½” between forms; or use the same method to make a 11½’
solo boat two feet longer.
- Make an 11 ½’ canoe 13 ½”, and also widen the boat about an inch by making a second center form, giving you six forms.
- Of course you can also shorten these boats by reversing the techniques above. For instance, you can have a wider, fuller 11 ½’ solo canoe by shortening the 13½’ tandem/solo canoe.